Monday, March 5, 2007

Class Act


If you want the definition of class, look no farther than FSU basketball player Al Thornton. At the end of Saturday's victory by the Noles over Miami, Thornton could have scored an easy basket and broken an FSU scoring record. Thornton's 45 points was the most points scored by a player in the ACC this season, the most ever by a player at the 4-year-old BankUnited Center, and fell one point shy of setting the school record.

But instead of taking the ball through a wide open lane for an easy basket as the final seconds ticked away in overtime, Thornton held off the urge to put an exclamation point on the win."I didn't know I could have had the record, but even if I would have, I wouldn't have laid it in. I didn't want to embarrass the Miami team -- they played their butts off," Thornton said. Nothing but class.

No comments: